Today is Tuesday September 3rd and I am giving people until November 4th to sign up (so spread the word to your friends who might want to join – there is lots of time to get a good sized group of participants). On November 5th I will get everyone matched up and send you the information about your partner - Then comes the fun part, shopping time! Find your partner an ornament that costs between $5 and $15 and send it to them. Please get your ornaments in the mail by Tuesday November 26th, to assure that they will arrive in plenty of time to be enjoyed throughout Christmas.
So here are the steps/rules:
1. You need to have a US mailing address. Sorry for those of you that don't meet this requirement but it is expensive and takes FOREVER to ship things internationally.
2. Join the Christmas Ornament Exchange group https://www.facebook.com/groups/coexchange/ ****If you have a friend that doesn't use facebook and still wants to participate please send me a message via facebook OR email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. After you have joined the group, send me a PRIVATE message on facebook with your mailing address. (I didn’t keep these from last year – so if you are still in the group I will need your address again)
4. You have until November 4th to sign up.
5. I will send you your partner’s information on November 5th or 6th (after I have had time to partner everyone up).
5. Go Shopping! Find your partner an ornament that you this is just awesome in the $5-$15 range (I think the ornament I sent last time was about $6 - and I still wish I would have bought one for myself too, but the point is they don't have to cost a lot). There are many options here, all kinds of stores, craft shows and places online sell ornaments and if you are feeling especially creative you can make on yourself.
6. Put the Ornament in the mail no later than Tuesday November 26th.
7. Enjoy Thanksgiving (it does come before Christmas and is important too!) while you wait for your ornament to arrive. I will randomly (with the help of random.org) pick one participant to send an ornament to also - this lucky person will get two ornaments, one from me and one from their partner.
8. When your new ornament arrives take a picture and email it to me (email@example.com) or post it in the facebook group! I will post all of the wonderful ornaments in a blog post.
PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP UNLESS YOU WILL PARTICIPATE. Don't forget to share this with your friends to let them in on the fun also! Our facebook group is located here